OPTIMISING HYGIENE AND
Slaughterhouse operations require meticulous hygiene, with no room for risk or uncertainty. Problems you might well have to tackle include:
- Bacteria, micro-organisms and other pathogens thrive in uncontrolled humidity
- Contaminants affect product quality and can lead to health concerns for workforce and consumers
- Condensation forming on equipment such as conveyor belts, resulting in hygiene risks
- Corrosion of processing equipment, pipes, fittings and structures as a result of condensation
- Longer drying times for floors, surfaces and equipment after cleaning
- More production interruptions and plant downtime
- High energy consumption and operating costs
better processing conditions and better hygiene
Humidity challenges in meat processing
Facilities for slaughtering and processing meat, poultry and fish have to take special care with regard to bacteria, micro-organisms and other pathogens. Such contaminants affect product quality and can constitute a major threat to business, as well as being bad for the health of both the work force and consumers. Unfortunately, the moisture present everywhere in the air tends to encourage the growth of such bacteria.
Warmer air coming into contact with colder surfaces means airborne moisture can often condense on the many kinds of processing equipment – and on cold pipework and building surfaces, too. Such condensation then gives rise to corrosion – as well as affecting your control over key conditions throughout the facility.
Any condensation also means bacterial growths and mould are more likely to flourish. This unhygienic situation only gets worse with frequently repeated steam cleaning, which – though it may help short term – means there is actually even more uncontrolled moisture present in the air. And thus greater risk of hygiene non-compliance issues that can quickly get a processing facility shut down.
Which is expensive, bad for business and damaging for your company’s reputation with supply-chain customers as well as end-user consumers.
Getting rid of the problem
Cotes dehumidification systems provide slaughterhouses and meat, poultry and fish processing facilities with an effective way to prevent contamination from affecting output, processing uptime and product quality.
By reducing the dew point, Cotes adsorption dehumidifiers make it pretty much impossible for condensation to occur, because of the basic laws of physics.
Unlike other types of dehumidifier, standard Cotes dehumidifiers have the big advantage of being consistently effective throughout the temperature range from 35°C down to -15°C, while specially configured Cotes Cold Store units can operate effectively at temperatures as low as -30°C, if needed.
In slaughterhouses and other meat, poultry and fish processing facilities, cleaning is frequent, intensive and crucial – and this usually involves lots of water and steam. Cotes adsorption dehumidifiers enable you to speed up the drying of floors, surfaces and equipment after cleaning, thus helping you to keep production breaks to the bare minimum.
How you benefit
- Achieve full end-to-end control of air conditions in your meat processing facility
- Eliminate virtually all problems that stem from condensation
- Limit corrosion in processing equipment, fittings and structures
- Maintain control over bacterial growth, with less risk regarding hygiene standards compliance
- Speed up drying of floors, surfaces and equipment after cleaning
- Reduce production interruptions and plant downtime
- Reduce energy consumption and operating costs
How Cotes solutions stand out
Effective over the entire -30–35°C temperature range
The only dehumidification technology that works effectively and reliable at low temperatures
The only adsorption dehumidification units on the market that feature heat recovery
Available with automated precision control systems
Designed to comply with stringent hygiene practice
Dehumidifiers for the job
Cotes All-RoundOff-the-shelf dehumidifiers, with add-on modules you can select to meet particular requirements. These are highly versatile, uncomplicated units that are renowned for being exceptionally robust and reliable. Versatile dehumidifiers with add-on modules for extra functionality READ MORE
Cotes FlexibleDesigned for large-scale humidity management in conjunction with process drying – where either deep drying (high ∆X) and exceptionally dry air, or exceptional volumes of process air, are often required.
For large-scale humidity management. READ MORE