ENSURING CONSISTENT OUTPUT
— USING LESS ENERGY
Controlled humidity reduces output fluctuations
Humidity is a bugbear in spray drying
You can’t see humidity – so it’s frequently overlooked. Its effects are usually under-rated, and dealing with humidity issues often gets left out from mainstream thinking in spray drying.
However, the levels of humidity in the air are one of the most important factors impacting both drying efficiency and energy costs in modern spray drying operations. The specifications of the air inputs are often difficult to control because of unpredictable changes in ambient conditions as well as climate, season and weather.
Any variation in the moisture content in the air for the drying process then leads to fluctuating drying times and inconsistent product quality. This can then mean the process has to be controlled manually.
What goes in …
In industrial drying systems, the most important thing is to ensure consistent, controlled output conditions at all times. Cotes technology enables you to accurately control the humidity of the air used in the process, by managing the levels of moisture in the air actually entering the spray drying installation. This makes it possible to achieve greater throughput – in some cases as much as 35%.
Cotes dehumidifiers are available with a patented system for recovering thermal energy from the air exiting the spray dryer, or can exploit surplus or waste thermal inputs from other machinery or other processes. This remarkable energy efficiency can help you roll back operating costs by as much as 15%.
Cotes provides humidity management technology and expertise to help companies using spray drying achieve significant operating benefits on three different fronts.
- Eliminating fluctuations in air specifications, thus reducing product inconsistencies
- As much as 35% greater throughput for any given spray drying installation
- Savings on energy bills – up to 15%
Cotes dehumidifiers can also be used for pre-drying the air used in fluid bed drying.
How you benefit
- Ensures stable, consistent drying, regardless of seasonal changes, weather and other phenomena
- Consistent year-round product quality
- Better control of the drying process, with fewer variations in product quality and throughput
- Increase drying capacity by as much as 35%
- Reduce energy consumption by as much as 15%, using patented technology
How Cotes solutions stand out
Cotes solutions for tackling uncontrolled humidity in spray drying operations are
- Capable of removing uncontrolled humidity from very large volumes of air
- Exceptionally reliable, with low operating costs
- Available with advanced monitoring and control systems
- Available with patented system for recovering thermal energy from air exiting the spray dryer