Managing humidity in
waste water processing facilities
Ensuring controlled humidity
in waste water processing facilities
Humidity challenges in waste water processing facilities
One of the biggest practical challenges in modern waste water processing stems from condensation – and the many problems and costs that follow with it.
When warmer, ambient air laden with invisible moisture comes into contact with cooler surfaces (such as cold pipework and storage tanks, as well as building surfaces), it often condenses – and then drips, pools and accumulates on and around surfaces, structures and equipment.
This then results in an ideal environment for corrosion, along with favourable conditions for microbial and bacterial growths of all kinds.
Good management – full control
Cotes adsorption dehumidifiers enable you to carefully control the dew point of the air so that such condensation simply cannot arise, because of the basic laws of physics. This means you have no need for expensive traditional – but largely ineffective – anti-condensation measures such as heating and ventilation.
Preventing condensation also enables you to maintain a controlled hygiene regimen, preventing cross-contamination and compliance issues.
Standard Cotes units are effective over the entire -15–35°C temperature range, and are pretty much the only dehumidification technology that works effectively at the lower temperatures often found in waste water treatment plants.
Cotes adsorption dehumidifiers also have another big practical advantage compared with traditional condensation units. They’re fitted with ultra-reliable fans that create a slight overpressure, to distribute controlled-humidity air to all the areas you specify – with no need for costly special ducting or extra ventilation setups.
HOW YOU BENEFIT
- Maintain better end-to-end control of air conditions, wherever required
- Do away with problems caused by condensation and corrosion in and around structures, fittings and equipment
- Ensure a reliable, uninterrupted service to your customers
- Reduce energy consumption, operating costs and maintenance costs
- Make it easier to achieve required hygiene standards
- Improve health and safety conditions for staff
How Cotes stands out from the competition
- Effective from -15°C up to 35°C
- Only adsorption dehumidifiers available with heat recovery
- Help you distribute controlled-humidity air throughout the facility, with no extra fittings needed
- Comprehensive control options, for unmanned operation and maximum flexibility