IN WATERWORKS FACILITIES
Providing a cost-effective water supply has to make good commercial sense. Some of the biggest practical difficulties for owners and operators of waterworks include:
- Condensation and corrosion in and around structures, fittings and equipment
- Favourable conditions for microbial and bacterial growths
- Interruptions of service to customers
- Excessive energy consumption, operating and maintenance costs
- Difficulties in achieving required hygiene standards
- Inadequate health and safety conditions for staff
Ensuring controlled humidity in waterworks facilities
Humidity challenges in waterworks
Some of the biggest practical difficulties for those who own and operate modern waterworks facilities are associated with condensation – and the many problems and costs that follow in its wake.
When warmer air containing water vapour comes into contact with cooler fittings and surfaces (such as cold pipework, metal structures and building surfaces), the laws of physics make it condense.
This water then drips, pools and accumulates on and around surfaces, structures, fittings and equipment, which provides an environment highly conducive to corrosion, along with favourable conditions for microbial and bacterial growths to develop and multiply.
Good management – full control
Cotes adsorption dehumidifiers enable you to carefully control the dew point of the air so that such condensation simply cannot arise. This does away with any need for expensive traditional – but largely ineffective – measures for combatting condensation and its effects.
Preventing condensation also enables you to maintain a controlled hygiene regimen, making it much easier to deal with cross-contamination and compliance issues.
Standard Cotes dehumidifier units are equally effective over the whole range of temperatures between -15°C and 35°C, and are pretty much the only dehumidification technology that works effectively at the lower temperatures frequently found in waterworks.
Cotes adsorption dehumidifiers also have another big practical advantage compared with traditional condensation solutions. They’re fitted with ultra-reliable fans that create a slight overpressure, making it easier to distribute controlled-humidity air to the exact areas you specify.
How you benefit
Maintain better end-to-end control of air conditions, wherever required
Do away with problems caused by condensation and corrosion in and around structures, fittings and equipment
Ensure a reliable, uninterrupted service to your customers
Reduce energy consumption, operating costs and maintenance costs
Make it easier to achieve required hygiene standards
Improve health and safety conditions for staff
HOW COTES STANDS OUT FROM COMPETITION
- Effective from -15°C up to 35°C
- Only adsorption dehumidifiers available with heat recovery
- Help you distribute controlled-humidity air throughout the facility, with no extra fittings needed
- Comprehensive control options, for unmanned operation and maximum flexibility